Vignemale - Authentic alpinism
With 3.298m, it is the highest peak in the French Pyrenees. We suggest two 2-day routes sleeping in the mountain huts of Oulettes de Gaube or Baycellance. In the very last part, we will climb through some decomposed rock (II), a small aerial arête and a beautiful glacier crossing.
Route of great dimensions and very alpine, full of history and adventures. An absolute gem where you should not underestimate its difficulty.
- Duration: 2 days, sleeping Ouletts de Gaube or Baycellance mountain huts
- Participants: 1-4 people, depending on conditions
- Physical level: good
- Technical difficulty: difficult
- Starting point in France: Embalse de Osseau, Gavarnie, 1.834m (Altitude change +- 1.460m)
- Starting point in Spain: Refugio de San Nicolás de Bujaruelo, 1.420m (Altitude change +- 1.680m)
- Duration: 2 days
- Participants: 2 people
- Physical level: very good
- Technical difficulty: difficult, some V pass
Two-day activity: on the first one we will get to Oulettes de Gaube mountain hut, and we will climb on the second one. Both to access the climbing route and to get down, it is necessary to cross a glacier and walk with crampons.
850m / D+, climbing III/IV with great altitude change. The most difficult parts are at the beginning, to access the climbing route, and at the end, to access the summit.
Price per person
Vignemale's North face
Price per person
- Mountain Guide all days
- Common equipment: ropes, carabiners, …
- Accident and civil liability insurance
- Accommodation booking
- Personal equipment: climbing shoes, harness, cordelette
- Transfers to the activity's starting place
- Accommodation, transfers and food during the activity
Looking for something different?
Contact us, we will help you fulfill your dreams!